Women's Health Care in Saranac Lake, NY
Saranac Lake Clinic offers the following women's health services:
- checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- breast exams
- cervical cancer screening
- hormone replacement therapy
- infertility education
- LEEP (treatment of abnormal pap)
- incontinence education
- mammogram referrals
- menopause and midlife education
- Pap test
- urinary tract infection (UTI) testing and treatment
- vaginal infection testing and treatment
- Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.
In addition the services listed, we provide pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and referrals for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) at most health centers. Please contact us for a detailed list of services available at this location.
Women's health services are available:
- during all business hours on a walk-in basis
- during all business hours by appointment
Here’s what you need to know in preparation for a women's health visit at this health center:
Checkups for gynecological concerns may require a pelvic exam.
For the testing and treatment of urinary tract infections, we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
For the testing and treatment of vaginal infections, a pelvic exam may be required.
We offer education and treatment for menopause and midlife issues, including non-hormonal treatment(s).
Hormone replacement therapy requires a routine checkup or records of your current exam.
A Pap test is sometimes needed during a routine checkup.
Cervical cancer screening requires a pelvic exam and Pap test.
Prices and Payment Information
Please contact this health center for women's services pricing information.
There may be additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been made.
Some women's services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to have your insurance information at the time of your visit.
Medicaid, Medicaid Family Planning Benefits Program, and Medicaid for Pregnant Women accepted.
If you are uninsured, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for your procedure. You can confidentially find out if you qualify by calling us at (518) 891-0046.
If you are eligible for financial assistance you may be asked to bring documentation with you to the health center.
If you do not find what you are looking for here, please go to the general health information page.
The following sexual health services are listed separately: