STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Frederick, MD
Frederick Health Center offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
STD prevention, including:
- internal condom (female condom)
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- STD and safer sex education
STD testing, treatment, and vaccination services are available:
- during all business hours by appointment
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
Many STD tests require a genital exam.
HIV testing is done by a blood draw. The results are available in 2 days.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- dental dams - free
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $0-$200
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $0-$200
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $0-$200
- herpes testing and treatment - $0-$200
- syphilis testing and treatment - $0-$200
- trichomoniasis (trich) testing and treatment - $0-$200
- STD office visit - $0-$200
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to have your insurance information at the time of your visit.
If you don’t have insurance and need help paying for your abortion, call us. We may be able to help you with financial assistance. You can also go to AbortionFunds.org for financial help.
If you are uninsured, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for your procedure. You can confidentially find out if you qualify by calling us at (410) 576-1414.
If you are eligible for financial assistance you may be asked to bring documentation with you to the health center.