STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Denver, CO
Denver Central offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
STD prevention, including:
- condoms - $0.40
- internal condom (female condom) - $15
- dental dams - $3
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for an individual injection - $335 - $415
- STD and safer sex education
- HPV and hepatitis vaccines education
STD testing, treatment, and vaccination services are available:
- during all business hours on a walk-in basis
- during all business hours by appointment
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Many STD tests require a genital exam.
Rapid HIV testing can be done by swabbing the inside of your mouth. The results are available in 20-30 minutes.
HIV testing is done by a blood draw. The results are available in 3-5 days.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Individuals ages 19 and older who have no health insurance and meet financial criteria may qualify for the Merck Vaccine Patient Assistance Program to receive the HPV vaccine (Gardasil) at no charge. Other fees may apply.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Prices and Payment Information
- Recommended routine STI testing: $147 for established patients / $165 for new patients
There may be additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to have your insurance information at the time of your visit.