The Planned Parenthood Federation of America Board of Advocates is a diverse group of more than 400 leaders in the arts and entertainment community united by their personal integrity and commitment to the Planned Parenthood mission. Members promote awareness of reproductive health and rights issues and help Planned Parenthood increase support for our programs and policies.
Members of the Board of Advocates support Planned Parenthood in a variety of ways, including
- participating in a national or local Planned Parenthood events
- recording video or audio public service announcement or interviews
- writing articles, blog posts, or statements in support of Planned Parenthood
- lending their photo and name to help raise money for Planned Parenthood
- lobbying elected officials
Kate Walsh, who stars as Dr. Addison Montgomery on ABC’s hit show, Private Practice, joined the PPFA Board of Advocates in 2005. Kate has participated in numerous Planned Parenthood activities, including national fundraisers, local Planned Parenthood affiliate events, the PPFA Awards Gala, and lobby day on Capitol Hill promoting the need for comprehensive sex education. In 2008, she traveled to Washington, DC, to receive the 2008 PPFA Maggie Award for an Artist who Stands Up for Reproductive Health and Freedom. In January 2009, Kate spoke at the Planned Parenthood Presidential Inauguration Brunch in Washington, DC.