Embody 8-session Comprehensive Sexuality Curriculum
- Identify the different parts of life that are impacted by sexuality.
- Develop a list of personal values.
- Analyze how family, religion, and community values influence personal values.
Defining Sexuality, Developing and Identifying Values
- Begin to explain how biological sex can differ from gender identity.
- Recognize the gender norms and roles expected of individuals in your community.
- Define relevant terms in relation to sexual orientation.
- Distinguish between facts and myths regarding sexual orientation and gender identity.
Gender Stereotypes Breakdown (Gender in a Box), The Gender Unicorn
- Discuss similarities and differences between various types of relationships.
- Explain the differences between a healthy relationship and one that is not healthy.
Identifying Deal-Breakers and Healthy Relationships, Power & Control Wheel
- Demonstrate negotiation skills within a relationship.
- Demonstrate two effective ways to communicate in a relationship.
- Explain the importance of consent in every sexual interaction.
Healthy Communication, Defining Consent
- Locate, name, and describe the function of internal and external sexual and reproductive body parts.
- Identify the wide range of variation in sexual and reproductive body parts.
- Explain when and how pregnancy can occur.
Identifying Body Parts, Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy, Sexual Response Cycle
- Compare effectiveness of contraceptive methods for preventing pregnancy.
- Explain the difference between perfect use and typical use of contraceptive methods.
- Demonstrate the skills to communicate with a health care provider about contraception.
Contraceptive Methods Presentation and Demonstration
- Demonstrate how to locate and use effective STI prevention methods.
- Discuss the importance of testing and treatment for STIs.
- Describe three possible symptoms of STIs.
- Explain the steps a person should take if they are at risk of getting an STI.
STI Testing and Transmission Overview, Transmission Game
- Analyze how an unplanned pregnancy or STIs may impact life goals.
- Identify when and under what conditions you may want to become pregnant.
- Demonstrate how to communicate your plan with partners and health care providers.
- Discuss the importance for everyone to have a reproductive life plan.
- Explore why people’s reproductive life plans change throughout their life.
Developing a Reproductive Life Plan, Reproductive Life Plan Game
Program support provided by the Federal Title X Program.