The mission of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin is to empower all individuals to manage their sexual and reproductive health through patient services, education and advocacy.
Safe, Healthy, Strong
Since opening in 1935 with one small clinic in Milwaukee run by a group of volunteers, Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin (PPWI) has grown to be Wisconsin’s largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider. For 80 years, we've been providing the health care, education and advocacy people need to make informed, responsible decisions about their sexual and reproductive health.
With the generous support of private donations and public grants, PPWI looks to a future where women have access to the reproductive health care they need, teenagers receive medically accurate and non-biased sexuality education, and legislators make responsible and compassionate decisions about women's rights and women's bodies.
Essential Health Care
We provide affordable, quality and confidential health care to 60,000 people each year in our 22 health centers across Wisconsin.
- Preventative Health Exams
- Gynecological Exams (including evaluation and treatment of infections)
- Limited Male Reproductive Health Services
- Cancer Screenings (including Pap tests, breast, and testicular exams)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Education, Testing, and Treatment
- Pregnancy Testing And Options
- HIV Testing and Education
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) Education, Screening, and Vaccination
- Midlife Services
- Reproductive and Sexual Health Care Education and Information
- Colposcopy (follow up care for abnormal pap tests)
- Abortion Care (Madison, Appleton and Milwaukee)
- Miscarriage Care
No one is turned away because of inability to pay--we work hard to keep everyone safe, healthy, and strong.
We offer comprehensive, medically accurate, age-appropriate sexuality education to thousands of young adults, teens, parents and other adults of influence each year. PPWI educators work with community partners to encourage healthy decision making and early detection and prevention to close racial and ethnic disparities in health outcomes.
Our public affairs program aims to protect and expand access to comprehensive reproductive health care and education. We work to help advance public policies that are pro-woman and pro-family; expand access to family planning and reproductive health care; and bring accurate, responsible sex education into our schools.