Thank you for choosing the Virginia League for Planned Parenthood for your health care services. In an effort to ensure the best possible experience, we have provided the following information to help you prepare for your visit. If you have additional questions or concerns regarding these instructions, please feel free to call us:
Hampton and Virginia Beach: 757.499.7526
Please bring the following items with you:
- picture ID
- insurance card, if any, with policy holder information (full name and date of birth)
- information about your medical history and any medications you are taking
- information for your preferred pharmacy
If you are a new patient or if you haven’t been here in several years, we recommend arriving 15 minutes early to complete paperwork.
Due to our space limitations, we ask that you bring no more than one guest. We do not provide childcare services. For the comfort of all of our clients, we encourage you not to bring children to your visit. For their own safety, children must be supervised at all times and are not allowed in exam rooms unless in a car seat or stroller.
In Richmond, our parking lot is often full. Additional parking can be found on Hamilton and surrounding streets. Please do not park in the VCU Baird Vascular Institute parking lot to the side.
In Virginia Beach, regular protestor activity is common. You do not have to interact with the protestors, and you may park on the side or back of the building to avoid them.
Payment and Insurance Information
Please have your payment ready at the time of check in. We accept cash and major credit/debit cards.
|Pricing Estimates for Common Visits|
|Annual Exam||$85 (additional cost for pap/HPV test)|
|Birth Control Consultation||$50|
|IUD – Liletta||$150|
|IUD - Paragard||$425|
|Morning After Pill/Emergency Contraception||$25 (photo ID required)|
|Pregnancy Test (urine only)||$25|
If you would like to use your insurance for your visit, please provide that information when scheduling your appointment and bring your card with you to your appointment.
VLPP accepts the following insurance plans:
- Administrative Concepts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Health Partners
- Key Benefits Administrators
- Medicaid (Virginia)
- Plan First
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Premier
In order to bill your insurance for your visit, it is important for us to verify the following:
- that we are in network with your insurance carrier;
- that your coverage is active at the time of your visit;
- for certain procedures, that the procedure is a covered benefit under your insurance plan and that your insurance carrier provides us with the necessary authorization;
- if you are requesting primary care services and have an HMO plan, that you have the necessary referral or that the provider you will see is your designated PCP.
If you provide this information at the time of scheduling your appointment, we will make every effort to complete this process in advance of your visit and to notify you of any potential problems. However, some insurance related matters may need to be addressed at the time of your visit.
If you don’t have health insurance, you may be able to get covered under Obamacare. With or without insurance, you can always come to us for your healthcare.
- If you are having an annual exam that includes a pap and/or HPV test, you should not have sex or put anything in your vagina for 24 hours prior to your visit; it is OK to continue use of the Nuva ring. If you have heavy menstrual bleeding at the time of your appointment, you should reschedule.
- If you are having an IUD insertion, it is best to schedule your appointment near the end of your period and to not have unprotected sex in the two weeks before your visit. We offer Liletta, Paragard and Skyla IUDs, so you may wish to research these options prior to your visit.
- If you are having a Nexplanon insertion, you should not have unprotected sex in the two weeks before your visit.
- If you are having testing for an STI or UTI, it is best not to urinate in the hour right before your visit so that we can obtain an appropriate urine sample. Our standard STI screen includes tests for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV; other tests may be indicated or recommended based on your symptoms or medical history.
Late Arrival Policy
If you are an established patient and you arrive 10 minutes late or more to your appointment you will likely be asked to reschedule unless the physician’s schedule can still accommodate you. Priority will be given to the patients who arrive on time and you may have to be worked in between them. This may mean you will have a considerable wait. If this is not convenient for you, you may choose to reschedule. One or two late patients cause the entire daily schedule to fall behind. This is an inconvenience to everyone. We strive to see every patient as close to their appointment time as possible. We ask that you please be courteous of your provider’s valuable time and attention. The physicians, office staff, as well as your fellow patients will thank you.