- Please take a look at our payment and insurance information.
- Due to COVID-19, we are screening all patients for symptoms by phone prior to their visit. We will call from a private number the day before your appointment.
- Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out the necessary paperwork. For example, if you schedule an appointment for 2:10 p.m., please plan to arrive for check-in at 2:00 p.m.
- If you are running late for your appointment, know that we will make every effort to accommodate you, but you may not be seen that day. If you think you will be late, please call us at 314-531-7526.
Preparing for Your Appointment
What do your need for your visit to Planned Parenthood?
- Mask - All patients are required to wear a mask while in the health center. If you don't have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Photo ID - Minors who have an appointment DO NEED a photo ID.
- Insurance Card(s) if you have insurance.
- If you have a separate card for pharmacy benefits - bring that, too!
- Payment - Payment is due at time of service.
- Please find a private, quiet place for your telehealth visit. The visit should take 30-45 minutes.
- Your can arrive for your virtual visit up to 15 minutes prior to and up to 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time. If you enter the virtual waiting room early, you may have to wait until the scheduled appointment time for the virtual visit to start.
- If you have any issues connecting in the telehealth platform, we'll call you from a private number, so please answer the phone. If you have issues connecting, you can call 314-531-7526 & the call center will connect you to your clinician.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the waiting room.
- We request you turn off your cell phone while in the health center. If you must use your phone, please step outside.
- If you are running late, please call us at 314-531-7526 so that we can discuss your options for the day. We will make every effort to accommodate you but know that we might not be able to see you that day.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer that appointment time to someone else.
Every day, Planned Parenthood works to make sure patients receive the high-quality health care they need in a supportive environment. That includes ensuring patients can get in and out of Planned Parenthood health centers safely and know what to expect when coming to their appointment.
If you’ve had a Pap test within the past three years, and are between the ages of 21 and 66, please bring the following information to your appointment:
- Name of doctor/location who provided the Pap test
- Approximate date of the Pap test
- Result of the Pap test
This information is to ensure we provide only the health care you need. If you’re not sure if you received a Pap test, then please bring the information above to the best of your ability.
If you received your Pap test at Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri, then you do not need to bring in this information.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 314-531-7526.
Or call 1-800-230-7526