We offer hormone replacement therapy to patients 16 years and older. If you are 16 or 17, there are additional requirements. You will need to have a parent or guardian with you during your visit. If you are less than 16 years old we can refer you to the Transgender Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
You don’t need to participate in therapy or provide information from a mental health provider to receive hormone therapy. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling 314-531-7526. At your first visit, a Planned Parenthood clinician will:
- Review your medical history, including your sexual and surgical history and current health practices
- Measure your weight and blood pressure
- Discuss your transition goals
- Draw your blood to watch for potential side effects of hormones
- Explain how to take hormones and answer any questions you might have
If hormone therapy is a good fit for you, you'll receive a prescription that you can take to a pharmacy. In addition to gender affirming hormone therapy, Planned Parenthood welcomes patients of all genders and identities to access our wide range of health care services.