Due to the heightened risk associated with COVID-19, most of our research studies are currently on hold. We will resume study enrollments and participation in new studies as soon as we are able to do so.
• Female subjects 18 years and older
• Negative pregnancy test
• Agree to use an approved method of contraception
• Have a history of recurrent VVC or yeast infection
• Must have an active VVC or yeast infection episode at the time of screening
• Willing and able to provide written informed consent
• Willing and able to comply with protocol requirements, instructions, and protocol-stated restrictions and be likely to complete the study as planned
*Subjects of non-childbearing potential must meet the requirements defined below:
• Pre-menopausal with documentation of surgical sterilization (i.e., hysterectomy, bilateral tubal ligation, bilateral oophorectomy, or bilateral salpingectomy) at least 3 months prior to study entry.
• Post-menopausal defined as amenorrhea for at least 12 months following cessation of all exogenous hormonal treatments.
Believe they have suspected or is symptomatic for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
Are willing to take investigative medications to treat their UTI (Study sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline Research)
Are willing to sign consents to participate in the study.
Are willing to participate in the study for a duration of approximately 28 days with 4 scheduled study visits.
Are of childbearing potential (WOCBP) and is not pregnant
Are willing to abstain from sexual activity for up to 2 weeks
Are willing to be paid at each scheduled study visit (summing up to $398 at end of study participation).
This Phase III study’s aim is to evaluate the therapeutic response and clinical efficacy of oral gepotidacin compared to oral nitrofurantoin for acute cystitis(UTI) in adolescent and adult female participants.