2021-2022 ANNUAL REPORT
Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties | Melody Health
BY THE NUMBERS
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Milestones
Purchased Anaheim Headquarters
Administered 16,444 COVID-19 Vaccines
Earned a 4.4+ average Yelp rating across all nine Health Centers
Launched Abortion Aid Program to assist with travel, lodging, and procedure expenses for out-of-state patients
Additionally, we provided a total of 247,894 medical visits, an 8% increase in total visits year-over-year, across our nine Health Centers. Of those, 37,944 were primary care visits through Melody Heath, and 191,443 were reproductive health care visits through Planned Parenthood.
Health Care Services
Many patients receive multiple services during a single visit.
Chart only includes reproductive health care services, not Planned Parenthood Direct. Other reproductive care services include consultations, early pregnancy loss, IUD and implant removal, birth control refills, biopsy results, blood draw, follow-up appointments, etc.
Empowerment Through Knowledge
Community Education & Outreach
- Reached 80,000 youth, parents, and professionals through education and outreach efforts.
- Developed and provided staff with Gender Inclusivity and Body Inclusivity trainings.
- The sole agency in San Bernardino County to be awarded a CDPH 3-year grant to help provide comprehensive sexual health education in San Bernardino County to youths, parents, and caregivers.
- Launched the Peer Ambassador Program and provided 12 High School Peer Ambassadors with 300 hours of educational programming.
Helping Families Grow Healthy
A total of 109,889 WIC sessions were provided.
- Continued efforts to provide WIC benefits through remote services via phone, online, and in-person
- Intensively supported participants on the nationwide infant formula recall
Growth From Within
Staff & Operations
- Recruited and hired 229 new team members
- Successfully transitioned all administrative staff from remote to hybrid work
- Purchased Anaheim HQ building
- Expanded Orange Health Center and nearly doubled exam rooms
We Won't Back Down
Thanks to our champion elected officials and advocacy work, California is leading the way in protecting and providing safe, legal abortion. We successfully continued to engage our supporters through virtual events where individuals could showcase their support and hear from elected officials. This year saw the return of in-person events where community members and elected officials mobilized as a community in support of abortion access.
To increase voter turnout, we implemented a multi-angled voter registration campaign to provide community education and encourage individuals to register and vote in the midterm and primary election. We also successfully worked with community partners to propose a fair and equitable OC Board of Education district map, while pushing for a transparent process. On a statewide level, we provided public comment to the CA Citizens Redistricting Commission which was vital in ensuring our community was represented during the redistricting process.
MOBILIZING THE COMMUNITY
BANS OFF ABORTION RALLY
- 4,000+ estimated attendees
- 30+ elected officials
- Speakers: California Lt. Governor Eleni Kounalakis, Congressmember Katie Porter
RALLY FOR ABORTION RIGHTS
- 3,000+ attendees across six locations in Orange and San Bernardino Counties in direct response to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
COMMEMORATION OF ROE
- 153 advocates pledged support
- Speakers: CEO Jon Dunn, Dr. Janet Jacobson, Senator Connie Leyva, OC Board of Education Trustee Beckie Gomez, Congressmember Norma Torres, UCI Law Professor Aziza Ahmed
Opening Our Doors
Abortion Aid Program
We believe that everyone, regardless of where they live, deserves to make their own personal medical decisions and have access to high-quality, compassionate abortion care. The Abortion Aid program aims to assist out-of-state patients seeking abortion care in California through increased capacity and travel assistance. Our Patient Navigators work directly with individuals to assist them with travel accommodations including, but not limited to, air, hotel, gas, and transportation.
2021 -2022 Financials
View Annual Reports from Previous Years
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-800-230-7526