Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood.
When you schedule an appointment for your telehealth visit, here's what to expect:
Making an Appointment
- Schedule your telehealth visit online or call 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- If you have symptoms – please call us. We will help you figure out if a telehealth appointment is the best option.
Insurance and Payment
- We are in-network for most plans. If you have insurance, we will bill your plan for the telehealth visit.
- If you do not have insurance, payment is due at the time of your appointment.
We have trained staff to help answer your questions about insurance coverage or determine if you're eligible for reduced or no-cost care. If you have questions about funding or payment options, call 1-800-230-PLAN (7526). We're here to help.
- We accept payment with cash, checks, rcedit cards, Flex Spending Account (FSA) cards, and money orders.
What Do I Need for a Telehealth Visit?
- A smartphone with working video and sound (iPhone or Android).
- A reliable internet connection
- The Planned Parenthood Direct app:
- A Planned Parenthood Direct account. If you are already a Planned Parenthood patient, the e-mail address you use to create your account must be the same e-mail address that you provided at your previous visit. If you can't remember what email address you used before, please call 1-800-230-PLAN (7526).
Getting Ready for Your Telehealth Visit
Before logging in for your visit there are a few things you should do to make sure your appointment goes smoothly.
1. We will call you if:
- You’re new to Planned Parenthood or we haven’t seen you in a while.
- Your insurance has changed since your last appointment.
- You are not yet enrolled in our Patient Portal. Your provider will send you important information through the Patient Portal during your telehealth visit, so be sure your account is activated before your visit.
- If you do not remember how to log in to your Patient Portal account, please call us at 1-800-230-PLAN (7526).
Please note: All calls will come from a blocked/private number and we always leave a voicemail.
2. You will receive an email from [email protected] that includes your appointment date/time, a link to download the Planned Parenthood Direct app, and instructions on how to check in for your telehealth visit.
3. Please have your government issued photo ID ready to show check-in staff.
- Don’t have a government issued photo ID? We’re here to help – call us at 1-800-230-PLAN (7526) to talk about other forms of ID.
4. Please have your health insurance and pharmacy benefit cards ready to show check-in staff.
5. Once you’ve logged in for your telehealth visit, do not minimize or navigate away from the Planned Parenthood Direct app while you're waiting to check in. If you’re in another app when our staff begin your visit, they won’t be able to see you and you won’t be notified they are ready to start.