Tips from the New Jersey Department of Health
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19, or Coronavirus.
- Stay home if you are sick. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands. Instead, wave or elbow bump.
- If you have family or friends who are elderly, have compromised immune systems or chronic respiratory or coronary issues, do not visit them if you feel sick. Stay home and keep your loved ones safe.
- Consider telecommuting, biking or walking to work if possible.
- Consider staggering working hours. For example, instead of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., change some work hours to 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfecting wipes.
- Get your flu shot. Although the flu shot will not protect you from COVID-19, it will help prevent the flu which has similar symptoms to this coronavirus.
Follow the link below to learn more from the New Jersey Department of Health.
If you are exhibiting symptoms like fever, cough or shortness of breath, please do not come to a Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan New Jersey Health center. Instead, call the New Jersey Coronavirus hotline at 1-800-222-1222.
Get birth control pills from your phone.
The PP Direct app allows you to get birth control delivered straight to your door or pharmacy without leaving home. Download the app today!
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-800-230-7526