Medication Abortion Information
Medication Abortion Information and Instructions
Please note: you will speak with a health professional at your appointment about your medical information and all of your options. Any information can be updated at that time.
Informacion del aborto por medicamento
Information regarding your visit:
Your visit will last up to 2 or more hours. You will receive the following services during your visit: a vaginal ultrasound, lab work, an education session and birth control consultation, lastly you will take the first dose of your abortion medication here in the clinic.
For this appointment, there are no food restrictions. Please make sure you eat before your appointment. You can come alone and will be able to drive home. However, you are more than welcome to bring a supportive person.
If you are late to the appointment we do reserve the right to reschedule. Give yourself plenty of time to get here.
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us or cancel your appointment via the website at least 24 hours in advance.
Do you have Medicaid or commercial insurance?
- Please include all insurance information when making an online appointment and a staff member will verify your medical benefits. You will be contacted 24-48 hours before your appointment to discuss coverage for your MAB procedure.
- Please make sure to bring all your insurance card(s) on the day of service. The name on your ID and insurance card must match in order to be used.
- Co-pays are due at the time of your appointment.
Important instructions regarding your visit:
- You must be 5-6 weeks pregnant but no more than 10 weeks pregnant to have this procedure.
- If the clinician cannot confirm the pregnancy, a second ultrasound will be required at no additional cost.
- NO illegal drugs or alcohol use 24 hours prior to your visit.
- DO NOT take any aspirin 7 days prior to your visit.
- For abortion appointments at all health centers, it is preferred that children do not accompany you due to the length of the visit. If you must bring your child, another responsible adult must accompany you to care for the child in the waiting area.
Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood for your reproductive healthcare.