Planned Parenthood of the Heartland is proud to represent Iowa and Nebraska in our national organization’s position as the largest, most trusted provider of sex education in the U.S.
Planned Parenthood of the Heartland educators are experts in their field and offer a wide variety of age-appropriate, research-based programs that are tailored to each audience. We offer programs that can be presented as a single session or as a series of sessions on topics including:
- Human Growth and Development: Anatomy, puberty, reproduction, body image, menopause, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Healthy Relationships: Families, love, dating, consent, parenting, interpersonal relationships.
- Communication Skills: Decision making, role-playing, refusal skills.
- Sexual Health and Behavior: Abstinence, safer sex, masturbation, contraception, pregnancy options, unintended pregnancy prevention, cancer screening, gynecological exams, sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS.
- Society and Culture: Gender roles, gender identity, sexual orientation, LGBTQ inclusivity, sexuality in the digital age, sexuality and the law.
- Planned Parenthood: History, reproductive rights, patient services.
Our educators are trained to present age-appropriate programs for a number of audiences in a wide variety of settings including elementary, middle, and high schools; colleges and universities; after-school programs; juvenile justice, adult incarceration, and substance abuse facilities; family programs; agencies serving people with disabilities; health centers; faith-based communities; community organizations and events, including health fairs; and more.
The basic fee for each educational program is $35.00. For more information or to schedule a program, contact us at 1.800.874.2025.
PPHeartland offers professional development workshops designed to improve knowledge, competencies, skills, and effectiveness. Our education staff can provide professional development trainings for:
- Educators, administrators, school nurses, and counselors
- Youth-serving professionals
- Nurses and health care professionals
- Social workers/counselors
- Other individuals or groups
Professional development programs are developed in consultation with sponsoring agencies and are designed for each specific audience. Our workshop topics include, but are not limited to:
- Bullying, harassment and sexual assault
- Classroom management
- Creating a safe program environment
- Decision making
- Healthy relationships
- Human growth and development
- Gender roles and stereotypes
- LGBTQ issues
- Responding to difficult questions
- Sex Ed in the Digital Age
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs, aka STDs), including HIV/AIDS
- Unintended pregnancy prevention strategies
The starting fee for a professional development program is $75/hour. If you are interested in hosting or learning more about our professional development opportunities, please contact us at 1-800-874-2025.