With health insurance, you have the peace of mind knowing you can get the care you need when you need it. You can now enroll in affordable health insurance, thanks to the Affordable Care Act. You can choose a health insurance plan that can cover the basics like doctors visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, prescription medication and more. Preventative health services, such as birth control and annual exams are covered with no-copay on most plans. You and/or your family can get financial help paying for insurance plans.
Planned Parenthood will continue to accept most private insurance plans, including Apple Health Medicaid.
Health Insurance Means...
• Prescription birth control for free with most plans (no copay)
• Annual well-woman exams, pap test, HIV and STD screenings, for free with most plans (no copay)
• Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage because of a pre-existing condition, like diabetes or cancer
• You cannot be charged more for insurance simply because you are a woman
• Coverage extends to all health services, not just family planning
Many Washington residents may enroll in Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) all year round. Apple Health is free health insurance and eligibility depends on your income. You must be a US citizen or legal resident who has been in the United States for at least 5 years. Apple Health also covers women who are pregnant and meet income eligibility.
Enrollment can seem overwhelming, but don’t worry. We’re here to help. Planned Parenthood is committed to helping you understand your coverage options.
For free enrollment assistance you can schedule an appointment online, give us a call or send us an email. Our enrollment staff are trained and state certified.
Bilingual staff available — English and Spanish