Patients' Bill of Rights
Planned Parenthood of Delaware consistently strives to provide the highest quality care and customer service to our patients.
In order to help us achieve this goal, we have developed the following patient rights.
All patients of Planned Parenthood of Delaware have the right
- To receive the highest quality care in a safe, timely, efficient manner; to be assured that the expected results can be reasonably anticipated.
- To receive care and services free from discrimination based on gender, religion, age, race, sexual orientation and economics.
- To be treated with dignity, respect and consideration of legitimate concern.
- To protection of their privacy and confidentiality of their personal health information in accordance with all applicable state and federal legislation.
- To be involved in all aspects of their care and treatment.
- To be informed of the risks, benefits, alternatives and side effects of the treatment they will receive and to be able to ask questions about the information presented to them to assure they are able to make and provide informed consent for the treatment and care they are requesting.
- To refuse any procedure or treatment and to be advised of the likely medical consequences of such refusal.
- To be served by individuals who are properly trained and competent to perform their duties; to know who will be providing their care and treatment and their qualifications to do so.
- To review and request a copy of their medical record.
- To request and receive information concerning the bill for services regardless of the source of payment.
- To be informed of the expectations of our facility with regard to personal conduct while in our facility and the consequences of failure to comply with those expectations.
- To exercise these rights without fear of reprisal or discrimination.
- To be free of all forms of abuse, mistreatment or harassment within our facility.
- To voice concerns or grievances regarding the care and treatment they received. Patients wishing to submit a grievance may do so by contacting:
Planned Parenthood of Delaware
625 North Shipley Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
302-655-7296, ext. 1044
Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
University Office Plaza - Chopin Building
258 Chapman Road
Newark Delaware 19702
302-283-7220 or 800-942-7373