Q: What is the status of abortion in Delaware? Is abortion legal in Delaware?
A: Abortion remains legal in Delaware despite the Supreme Court decision, as the state legislature has codified protections into law here. You have the right to obtain an abortion up to viability in Delaware. More information on abortion services from PPDE can be found at https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-delaware/patients/abortion-services.
Q: Is PPDE providing abortions for residents from other states?
A: Yes. PPDE is here for all who need abortion care.
Q: How much does an abortion cost? What insurances do you take? Can I get financial assistance?
A: You can find the answers to your financial questions at https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-delaware/patients/insurance-payment.
Q: Is abortion safe?
A: Yes. Despite the mis- and disinformation floating around, abortion is a very safe medical procedure. It is also quite common – about a quarter of U.S. women will have an abortion by age 45. You can visit https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/considering-abortion/what-facts-about-abortion-do-i-need-know to learn more.
Q: I want to help people affected by the Supreme Court decision overturning the nationwide right to abortion. What can I do?
A: If you’re looking for ways to help people affected by the Supreme Court’s decision, local abortion funds and similar organizations who support abortion access are a good place to start. They provide resources for patients who face barriers to care. Some steps include:
- Supporting a local Planned Parenthood affiliate, such as Planned Parenthood of Delaware, or its advocacy and political arm, Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware
- Sharing https://www.abortionfinder.org with anyone seeking care
- Donating to an abortion fund, such as at https://abortionfunds.org/
- Helping independent clinics by going to https://keepourclinics.org/
- Taking action by going to https://bansoff.org/ or texting ACCESS to 22422