Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

what would happen if a boy lost his erection inside a woman’s vagina?

It’s actually pretty common for a guy’s erection to alternate between harder and softer during sexual intercourse. If a guy is using a condom and he loses his erection, he should withdraw his penis and put another condom on when it gets hard enough again. It’s a good idea to have more than one condom on hand when partners decide to have sexual intercourse.

If a condom falls off during sex and ejaculate gets in the vagina, a woman who does not want to become pregnant may want to consider the morning-after pill, also known as emergency contraception (EC). EC is one of the safest and most effective ways to prevent unintended pregnancy after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.

EC is effective if started within 120 hours — five days of unprotected intercourse. The sooner it’s started the better.

Plan B, a brand of EC, is available over the counter at many pharmacies for women over 17. Teens under 17 can still get EC with a prescription.

You can get EC at the Planned Parenthood health center nearest you.  Planned Parenthood staff can also give you information about testing for sexually transmitted infections.

Tags: sex, the morning-after pill, erections