- Your appointment will be conducted securely via video chat, similar to FaceTime or Skype.
- You should be in a private, quiet location, with good internet connectivity during the appointment.
- Per telehealth regulations, you must physically be in the state of Wisconsin to receive services via telehealth.
- The health center will send a link for your telehealth appointment by text message and/or email before your appointment.
- Telehealth appointments work on mobile devices and desktops.
- Please download the app if using a mobile device.
- OS app name – “Teladoc Health Patient”
- Android app name – “Teladoc Health”
- Your first appointment for Gender Affirming Hormonal Therapy (GAHT) services at PPWI will take about an hour and will consist of gathering your health history, a consult about your goals, and potentially starting a prescription the same day.
- Your follow-up GAHT visit will be a shorter appointment consisting of reviewing your ongoing care and medication monitoring.
- You will need to visit a PPWI clinic for a blood draw for lab work.
Paying for your visit:
- Some insurance companies and/or plans cover GAHT services.
- If you have commercial insurance, will we verify your coverage and contact you.
- We accept State of Wisconsin public Medicaid insurance.
- Some WI Medicaid programs cover GAHT services such as office visits, lab tests, and medications. Family Planning Only Services (FPOS, a type of WI Medicaid) does NOT cover GAHT services. If you are unsure what type of WI Medicaid you have, we can discuss what is covered versus what is not at the time of your visit.
- The cost for GAHT services will range from $80-$150.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept most major credit cards.
- If you are struggling to afford the cost, please let us know at the time of your visit and we can help arrange a payment plan for you.
Or call 1-800-230-7526