- Your first appointment for Gender Affirming Hormonal Therapy (GAHT) services at PPWI will take about an hour and will consist of gathering your health history, a consult about your goals, blood draw for lab work, and potentially starting a prescription the same day.
- Your follow-up GAHT visit will be a shorter appointment consisting of reviewing your ongoing care, medication monitoring and potential lab blood draws.
- Please bring your photo ID and insurance card with you.
- Some insurance companies and/or plans cover GAHT services.
- If you have commercial insurance, will we verify your coverage and contact you.
- Some WI Medicaid programs cover GAHT services such as office visits, lab tests, and medications. Family Planning Only Services (FPOS, a type of WI Medicaid) does NOT cover GAHT services. If you are unsure what type of WI Medicaid you have, we can discuss what is covered versus what is not at the time of your visit.
- The cost for GAHT services will range from $80 to $150.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept cash, check and most major credit cards.
- If you are struggling to afford the cost, please let us know at the time of your visit and we can help arrange a payment plan for you.
Or call 1-800-230-7526