PPNCSNJ presents an annual conference for high school students. Attended by students from across New Jersey, the dynamic and interactive conference provides attendees with the opportunity to interact with their peers in an engaging environment. The conference includes workshops and keynote presentations on a variety of sexual health and related topics for teens.
Workshop topics vary each year and range include topics like health, gender identity, healthy relationships, substance abuse prevention, healthy choices, bullying, communication, and financial management.
If you wish to be added to the conference mailing list, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call 732-530-7916 x 244.
2017 Teen Conference
May 16, 2017
Edison, New Jersey
8:30am - 2:00pm
The 15th Annual Teen Conference promises to continue the tradition of a dynamic and interactive day for high school students by promoting:
- Teen health
- Connections to community resources
Plus, students can take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Present a workshop
- Participate in a student leadership panel
- Produce a PSA
- Act as ambassadors
- Receive awards
For more information, check out our 2017 Teen Conference Flyer.
To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/TeenConf2017.
The 2017 Teen Conference will again include a Youth Engagement Project. This is a competitive program that integrates high school students into conference planning and implementation. This is a great way for students to receive volunteer/community hours or possibly extra credit in your class by:
- Presenting a workshop: Would your group or club like to conduct a workshop at the teen conference? Have your students created a great presentation as a group project that they’d like to share? Conference participants will be able to learn from peer led workshops.
- Participating in a Student Leadership Panel: Do you have a student that organized a Day of Silence, someone that coordinated a breast cancer walk, the Green Dot initiative in their school, runs a successful GSA, presented to peers, organized a health fair, etc? We want our attendees to learn what other teens are doing to make their community or school a healthier place; therefore, we would like to host a student panel, where teen leaders from a variety of organizations in schools can talk about what they did to make a difference.
- Developing a PSA (Public Service Announcement) video: Do you know a student or groups of students that love to make videos? Groups of teens can create PSAs covering a range of health topics such as distracted driving, healthy relationships, drugs/alcohol, pregnancy prevention, etc. All nominated videos will be reviewed for appropriateness, then shown during the conference and attendees will vote on their favorite. The winner will be announced by end of conference.
- Receiving an Award: Do you have a student that works hard to positively impact the health of your community? We are looking to honor a student whose leadership has had a beneficial impact on healthy living and community service.
- Acting as a Teen Conference Ambassador: Do you have students that have been to the teen conference previously and would like to become more involved? If so, they can be conference leaders, workshop moderators and greeters and provide feedback to conference planners.
To get your youth involved go to: http://tinyurl.com/InvolveYouth2017.