For teachers, including those at public, charter, and private schools, we provide a full range of professional development trainings. We are also able to provide capacity building and technical assistance. Our most requested topics include:
- birth control
- sexually transmitted diseases
- sexual orientation
- gender identity
- gender stereotypes and their effects on health
- healthy relationships
These professional development trainings are customizable in topic and length, and can be held either on site at your school or district office, or hosted at PPLA headquarters.
In addition to professional development trainings, we also provide PPLA curriculum training for teachers. There are three options:
- 12-session high school curriculum with a special emphasis on relationship rights and breaking down gender stereotypes
- 6-session high school curriculum
- 6-session middle school curriculum
All are aligned with the sexual health education requirements of the California Education Code (AB 329 California Healthy Youth Act).
To request a teacher training, or to receive more information, please email [email protected].