Our high school and middle school sexuality education programming integrates reproductive and sexual health information and decision-making skills to foster responsible, respectful behaviors. We strive to provide a comfortable and facts-based learning experience.
There are three options:
- 12-session high school curriculum with a special emphasis on relationship rights and breaking down gender stereotypes
- 6-session high school curriculum
- 6-session middle school curriculum
All of our classroom education programming is aligned with the sexual health education requirements of the California Education Code (AB 329 California Healthy Youth Act).
Presentations are facilitated either by PPLA staff or by volunteer educators who have been certified by Planned Parenthood after completing a rigorous 40-hour training course. Further information on our accomplishments can be found in our Annual Report.
Get in touch!
- If you are a teacher or school administrator who would like to bring our sexuality education programming to your school, please email [email protected].
- If you are a teacher or school administrator seeking professional development or PPLA curriculum training to support your own sexuality education work, please read more about our Teacher Training options (LINK TO WEBPAGE) or email [email protected].
- If you would like to know how to join our team as a volunteer educator, please email [email protected].