Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

In Texas, some minors (under the age of 18) are required to obtain consent (click to print consent form in English or Spanish) from a parent or guardian before receiving certain medical services at our health centers.

In Texas, we CAN provide the following to a minor without parental consent:

  • Condoms
  • Contraceptive foam or film
  • Information about birth control
  • Pregnancy tests
  • Diagnosis and treatment for certain sexually transmitted diseases

In Texas, we CANNOT provide the following to a minor without parental consent:

  • Preventive Care Visit
  • Pap Test
  • Urinary Tract Infection
  • Prescriptive Birth Control (pills, shot, implant, IUD)

In Texas, you DO NOT need to have your parent/guardian sign a consent if:

  • You are on Medicaid.
  • You are 16 or 17 and live apart from your parents and manage your own finances.  You will be asked to sign a form stating that these are your living arrangements.
  • You are emancipated.
  • Your parent(s)/guardian cannot be contacted.  This means that you do not know how to contact your parents/guardian (you don't know where they live or you are unable to contact them).  This does not apply if you just don't want your parents/guardian to be contacted. If your parent or guardian cannot be contacted another adult grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother or sister may sign a consent form for you (print consent form in English or Spanish).

You may request services from a Title X funded clinic.  Clinics in our service area that are Title X funded are: