In Texas, some minors (under the age of 18) are required to obtain consent (click to print consent form in English or Spanish) from a parent or guardian before receiving certain medical services at our health centers.

In Texas, we CAN provide the following to a minor without parental consent:

  • Condoms
  • Contraceptive foam or film
  • Information about birth control
  • Pregnancy tests
  • Diagnosis and treatment for certain sexually transmitted diseases

In Texas, we CANNOT provide the following to a minor without parental consent:

  • Preventive Care Visit
  • Pap Test
  • Urinary Tract Infection
  • Prescriptive Birth Control (pills, shot, implant, IUD)

In Texas, you DO NOT need to have your parent/guardian sign a consent if:

  • You are on Medicaid.
  • You are 16 or 17 and live apart from your parents and manage your own finances.  You will be asked to sign a form stating that these are your living arrangements.
  • You are emancipated.
  • Your parent(s)/guardian cannot be contacted.  This means that you do not know how to contact your parents/guardian (you don't know where they live or you are unable to contact them).  This does not apply if you just don't want your parents/guardian to be contacted. If your parent or guardian cannot be contacted another adult grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother or sister may sign a consent form for you (print consent form in English or Spanish).

You may request services from a Title X funded clinic.  Clinics in our service area that are Title X funded are: