No one stops needing sexual and reproductive health care during a pandemic. In fact, research shows that these services are needed even more in times of crisis. And while health care might look different right now, we want you to know we’re still here for you — no matter what.
At Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, we are equally committed to the health and safety of our patients, staff, and visitors and to providing high-quality, essential health care in our communities. As such, we have adapted our practices to meet the needs of our current reality. We’ve implemented stringent safety measures to decrease the possibility of infection during in-person care, and we’ve innovated to make many of our services accessible virtually through telehealth — visits you can have with our expert providers at home on your phone or computer through a private, secure video-conferencing platform.
We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation to respond as necessary, and we will update this list as our services change or expand in accordance with local guidelines. At this time, here’s how and where you can access the following Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast services. Check back soon for an update on services offered in Louisiana.
- In-person in our Houston health centers
- Abortion pill and abortion procedure available
- Consults, refills, and method switches: via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- In-person visits for minors only in Texas
- Curbside Depo shots administered in Louisiana (Baton Rouge and New Orleans) and Houston (Prevention Park)
Curbside Pill Pick-Up
- In-person at all health centers in Texas (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-4:00pm)
- Via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- In-person in Texas
Long-Acting Birth Control (IUD & Implant)
- Implant removals and insertions (after initial consult via telehealth): in-person in Texas (no minors) and Louisiana
- Test only: in-person in Texas
- Initial visit: in-person in Texas
- Follow-up: via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- In-person in Texas
- Initial and follow-up visits: via telehealth, only available in Texas
- Pelvic pain, cramping, bleeding, or genitourinary problems: in-person and, if necessary, via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- Birth control problems: via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- IUD problems: in-person in Louisiana and Texas
- Testing for asymptomatic patients: in-person in Texas
- Treatment for chlamydia and trich: via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- Treatment for gonorrhea: via telehealth and, if necessary, in-person in Louisiana and Texas
- HSV refills: via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy: initial and follow-up visits via telehealth in Louisiana and Texas
Click here for our health center locations and hours. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-230-PLAN.