Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas creates healthier communities by providing comprehensive reproductive and related healthcare services, delivering science-based education programs, and serving as a strong advocate for reproductive justice in Texas.
97% of what Planned Parenthood health centers offer are basic, preventive services that help our communities stay healthy.
Texans served by Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas
- 83,706 healthcare patients and health education clients
- 87% female and 13% male healthcare patients
- 10,674 teens and parents who received health education to keep teens safe and healthy
Healthcare services provided to Texans
- 38,114 packs of birth control pills
- 4,939 patients who received long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs), such as IUDs and implants
- 125,545 tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- 17,007 HIV tests conducted
- 6,506 clinical breast cancer exams performed
- 5,409 cervical cancer screenings provided
- 474 patients who received advanced testing and treatment such as colposcopy, cryotherapy, and LEEP to remove abnormal or precancerous cervical cells
- 694 HPV vaccines provided to males and females to prevent cervical cancer, certain
types of oral, anal, penile and vulvar cancers, and genital warts
These are 2018 numbers for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas.