Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas creates healthier communities by providing comprehensive reproductive and related healthcare services, delivering science-based education programs, and serving as a strong advocate for reproductive justice in Texas.
97% of what Planned Parenthood health centers offer are basic, preventive services that help our communities stay healthy.
Texans served by Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas
- 85,332 healthcare patients and health education clients
- 89% female and 11% male healthcare patients
- 15,650 teens and parents who received health education to prevent teen pregnancy
Healthcare services provided to Texans
- 58,200 packs of birth control pills
- 4,403 patients who received long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs), such as IUDs and implants
- 120,190 tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- 16,721 HIV tests conducted
- 8,155 breast cancer exams
- 6,806 cervical cancer screenings
- 584 pre-cancerous cervical treatments (colposcopy, LEEP, cryotherapy)
- 565 HPV vaccinations to prevent cervical cancer
These are 2016 numbers for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas.