Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas creates healthier communities by providing comprehensive reproductive and related healthcare services, delivering science-based education programs, and serving as a strong advocate for reproductive justice in Texas.
97% of what Planned Parenthood health centers offer are basic, preventive services that help our communities stay healthy.
Texans served by Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas
- 93,183 healthcare patients and health education clients
- 174,440 patient visits to 24 Planned Parenthood health centers
- 11,423 teens and parents who received health education to prevent teen pregnancy
Healthcare services provided to Texans
- 117,535 packs of birth control pills
- 1,182 patients who received long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs), such as IUDs and implants
- 80,053 tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- 9,714 HIV tests
- 16,663 breast cancer screenings
- 1,053 referrals for free mammograms to eligible patients
- 12,313 cervical cancer screenings
- 1,306 pre-cancerous cervical treatments (colposcopy, LEEP, cryotherapy)
- 374 HPV vaccinations to prevent cervical cancer
- 60 vasectomies
These are 2013 numbers for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas.