Visit Instructions: In-Clinic Abortion
In-clinic abortion is provided up to 16 weeks in pregnancy. We offer several sedation options including moderate sedation. Moderate sedation does not put you to sleep but will make you more relaxed and is given directly into your vein.
For Your Visit:
- Expect your visit to last from 2 to 5 hours. In addition to the procedure, during your visit you will receive a vaginal ultrasound, lab work, options education and contraception information.
- You may eat a light meal prior to coming to your appointment.
- All patients who receive sedation must bring a driver with them at check in. It is recommended that all patients 14-16 weeks pregnant receive moderate sedation.
- We recommend you wear loose comfortable clothing and underwear with a full back.
- Remove all mouth and tongue piercings.
- Remove nail polish or acrylic nail from at least one finger.
- No nonprescription drugs or alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you are not allergic, taking 800 mg of ibuprofen the night before and again the morning of your visit will assist in making you more comfortable during the visit. Aspirin is not recommended up to seven days prior to the visit.
- It is possible you may encounter protestors. Protestors have the right to demonstrate, they do not have the right to interfere with your access to services. You do not have to engage with them or accept any literature. If they block your entrance or engage in illegal activity, please notify the health center staff.
- Remember to bring a valid photo ID.
- Bring in your Medi-Cal, CenCal, Gold Coast, FamilyPACT, or insurance card at the time of your visit. If you call us with that information ahead of time it will expedite the process and reduce your time in the health center. HMO plans will require pre-authorization. Please contact your HMO plan to get that information.
- Payment is expected at time of service. We happily accept cash or Visa, Mastercard or Discover as long as the cardholder is present and has a valid photo ID. We do not accept checks or American Express.
- For their comfort and safety we ask that you not bring children. If you bring a child they must be accompanied by an adult (at least 18 years old) at all times in the reception area. Children are not allowed in exam rooms.
- If you are running late, call us at 888-898-3806, so that we can provide you with your options for the day. If you are late, we do reserve the right to reschedule.
- Please let us know 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment
Please call us at 888-898-3806 with any questions. Our agents will be happy to assist you.
Or call 1-800-230-7526