Visit Instructions: Implant
- If you are using another prescription method of birth control (Pills, Patch, Ring, Depo, Implant) please continue to use it until after the implant insertion.
- If you do not use another prescription method, please abstain from intercourse from the time your menstrual period starts until the IUC insertion or abstain from intercourse for two weeks prior to the implant insertion.
- We must be able to rule out pregnancy before this method can be inserted.
For Your Visit:
- Remember to bring a valid photo ID.
- Bring in your Medi-Cal, CenCal, Gold Coast, FamilyPACT, or insurance card at the time of your visit. If you call us with that information ahead of time it will expedite the process and reduce your time in the health center.
- Payment is expected at time of service. We happily accept cash or Visa, Mastercard or Discover as long as the cardholder is present and has a valid photo ID. We do not accept checks or American Express.
- For their comfort and safety we ask that you not bring children. If you bring a child they must be accompanied by an adult (at least 18 years old) at all times in the reception area. Children are not allowed in exam rooms.
- If you are running late, call us at 888-898-3806, so that we can provide you with your options for the day. If you are late, we do reserve the right to reschedule.
- Please let us know 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment
Please call us at 888-898-3806 with any questions. Our agents will be happy to assist you.
Or call 1-800-230-7526