If you or someone you know needs help dealing with the aftermath of a sexual assault, please call our 24-hour hotline at:
|Monroe County||(585) 546-2777|
|Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, Wyoming||1-800-527-1757|
|Elsewhere in the US||1-800-656-4673|
Description of Services
RESTORE (previously Rape Crisis Service) of PPCWNY provides crisis intervention and support services to women, children and men who are survivors of sexual assault and to their families.
Trained counselors are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week to provide information and support, enabling clients to make informed choices concerning medical, legal and counseling needs, while offering advocacy and information about their rights. Counselors also offer short-term counseling sessions and legal and medical accompaniment. Services are free and confidential.
• RESTORE serves five counties: Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming.
• RESTORE assists 1,500 clients annually.
• The 24-hour hotline receives over 2,400 calls per year.
• In 2013, RESTORE provided education to over 8,000 students and professionals.
Services in these counties include:
- Crisis intervention for sexual assault survivors and their significant others
- Short-term counseling (six to eight sessions)
- Support through medical examinations and treatment
- Advocacy and support during interaction with law enforcement
- Court accompaniment
- Individual consultations with professionals
- Community education programs
- Professional training programs
- Referrals for additional needed services
Volunteers are a crucial component to RESTORE. If you are interested in becoming a RESTORE volunteer, please email us.
RESTORE leads the community response to sexual violence through advocacy and education, by providing the safety, support and validation that changes the lives of all those affected.