As part of Planned Parenthood’s commitment to keeping our communities safe, we’re sharing recommendations to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
PPWP is compiling a list of community resources which can be found HERE.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of infection is to limit contact with others, especially if you feel sick. If you or anyone who is accompanying you in the facility meet any of the following, please reschedule your appointment by calling us at 1-800-230-7526. Thank you for your consideration.
- Currently have symptoms that may be due to COVID-19, particularly a cough, difficulty breathing, or feeling feverish as well as, in some cases, diarrhea, muscle aches, sore throat, runny nose, or new loss of taste or smell;
- OR, you have had contact in the past 14 days with someone diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19;
Please reschedule your appointment by contacting us at 1-800-230-7526.
If you feel sick and need sexual and reproductive health care:
- Contact us and we can help determine a short-term plan to help until you are better. Telehealth appointments may be available for certain services. Visit our telehealth service page to learn more.
- You may also be able to get care online via the PPDirect app if you need birth control pills or have symptoms of a urinary tract infection. For more information, go to http://plannedparenthooddirect.org.
What to expect at your Planned Parenthood appointment during the coronavirus pandemic:
- We may conduct some of your visit over the telephone to minimize your time spent in the health center
- We require that you wear a paper mask or cloth face covering when moving through your appointment
- Social distancing (staying at least 6 feet away from other patients and staff except when necessary to provide care)
- Not shaking hands
- Health care workers will wear gloves, gowns, face shields, or masks
- We may offer to re-schedule your appointment or make other accommodations as necessary to ensure your and staff's safety
If you are sick and need medical attention, contact your primary care office, walk-in clinic, or urgent care near you.
Please check our website and social media for updates about our health centers.
More information and answers to questions about the coronavirus are available at :