Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

ACA Resource Center

Need help paying for our services?

You may be eligible for the Family Planning Services Program through the state of Pennsylvania, available to PA residents of any gender!

It covers at no cost these Planned Parenthood services: 

  • family planning
  • birth control
  • emergency contraception
  • pregnancy testing
  • STD testing & treatment
  • HIV testing
  • cancer screenings
  • male services

You may be eligible for this program if you:   

  • have an income at or below 215% of the Federal Poverty Limit
  • are not pregnant
  • are a resident of Pennsylvania (proof of residency required)
  • are a U.S. citizen or if not a U.S. citizen, have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years
  • do not have health insurance or are underinsured

Click here to download a form that you can complete and bring with you to your next family planning visit at Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania to start the enrollment.  Please note that you will also need to bring:

  • a current Pennsylvania photo ID or other proof of PA residency such as a lease or utility bill
  • your social security number (you do not need to bring the original card)
  • current proof of income (30 days worth of paystubs, usually 2 to 3 paystubs)
  • proof of citizenship or residency card (for citizens, a birth certificate or US passport; non-citizens must have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years)
  • birth certificate or passport to prove you are a citizen.  If you are not a US citizen, but have been a Permanent Resident for 5 or more years, you will need to bring your residency card.
  • if you are legally married, please be sure to have spouse’s SSN and current proof of income

If you want to complete the application on your own prior to visiting, you can also apply to the Family Planning Services program by completing a full online application on COMPASS, the website for Pennsylvanians to apply for health and human services programs, or by completing a paper application called “Application for Health Care Coverage”.  The paper application should be mailed to your County Assistance Office (CAOs)  which you can find by clicking the link.