You do not need to have an empty stomach for this procedure. We encourage you to eat your regular meals before the appointment, and please take all of your medications as you normally would.
Do not use substances, such as drugs or alcohol, 24 hours prior to your visit.
Your visit will likely last for 2-3 hours, but it may be longer. There will be many steps and waiting between the steps. We encourage you to bring snacks, books, and/or phone chargers.
Preparing for your Appointment
- If you are taking any medications for a chronic condition, please bring a list of your current medications to your appointment. Please take all of your medications as you normally would.
- We encourage you to bring anything that will help you feel comfortable before and during your appointment. This could include snacks, entertainment such as books or music (with headphones), or a sweatshirt.
- Your plan of care may include having blood drawn. Please be well-hydrated.
- Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- If you are late, we reserve the right to reschedule. Please leave yourself plenty of time to get here.
- We are able to see patients on a walk-in basis as clinic flow allows. If you have not made an appointment but would like to be seen, come to one of our clinics during open hours or call 518-434-5678. Please note: walk-in availability cannot be guaranteed over the phone and we may not be able to accommodate every request to be seen same-day without an appointment.
Click here to learn more about medication abortions at UHPP.