Thank you for choosing Upper Hudson Planned Parenthood as your health care provider.
To ensure the best experience possible we have provided instructions below to help you prepare for your visit.
If you have any questions regarding these instructions or your appointment please feel free to contact us at 800.230.PLAN (7526).
Click your visit type below for a PDF of instructions.
In-clinic abortion | Medication abortion | Well visit/annual exam | STI testing | Birth control consult | IUC insert | IUC removal | Contraceptive implant (Nexplanon) insert | Contraceptive implant (Nexplanon) removal | HRT visit | Colposcopy | LEEP
For Your Visit:
- Please bring valid photo identification and, if you have insurance, a hard copy of your insurance card, to present when you check in for your appointment.
- If you are running late, call us, so that we can provide you with your options for the day. Call us directly at 518-454-5678. If you are late, we do reserve the right to reschedule.
- If you plan to enroll in any types of free insurance programs, please show up to your appointment with the necessary documentation (or bring it with you during walk-ins) and if we determine you to be eligible, you can often begin using the coverage the day you sign up. Click here for more details on coverage.
Uninsured and/or self-pay patients are entitled to request a Good Faith Estimate in accordance with The Department of Treasury, Labor and Health and Human Services.
The good faith estimate is an estimate and subject to change, the information provided in the good faith estimate are estimates and not the final overall totalcharges. Additional items and/or services that are not in the good faith estimate may be recommended by the rendering provider as part of the course of care, that must be scheduled separately and are not reflected in the good faith estimate. You have right to initiate the patient provider dispute resolution process if the actual billed charges are $400 more than the expected charges included in the good faith estimate. The good faith estimate is not a contract and does not require the uninsured (or self- pay) individual to obtain the items and services from any of the providers or facilities identified on the good faith estimate.
Payment is expected at the time of service (cash, credit card [Visa, Mastercard and Discover], no personal checks, please). If you are using a credit card you will need to provide photo ID. If someone will be making a payment on your behalf they should be there with you and also prepared to present photo ID. With or without insurance, you can always come to us for your health care. If you do not have insurance, you may be eligible for free or low cost services or receive care on a sliding fee scale.
Insurance Plans Accepted
We accept most major health insurances and Medicaid. Here are just some of the insurances we accept:
- BCBS Empire Blue
- BCBS Federal Employee
- Blue Choice
- BS Northeastern NY
- CDPHP Commercial
- CDPHP Child Health Plus
- CDPHP Family Health plus
- CDPHP Medicaid Managed Care
- Community Blue
- Community Blue Family Health Plus
- Community Blue Child Health Plus
- Community Blue Medicaid Managed care
- Emblem Health GHI
- Emblem Health GHI Family Health Plus
- Emblem Health GHI Child Health Plus
- Empire Plan NYSHIP ( Through UHC)
- Fidelis (Family Health Plus/Medicaid)
- Geha Medical Benefits
- Health Net
- Health Now NY
- Health Republic
- Magnacare Medicaid Managed care
- MVP Commercial
- MVP Family Health Plus
- MVP Medicaid Managed Care
- UHC Child Health Plus
- UHC Family Health Plus
- UHC Medicaid Managed Care
- UHC Student Resources
- Univera Health Care
- Univera Medicaid Managed Care
- Wellcare MMC
In addition, we participate with the Blue Card Plan and are able to accept many BC/BS plans from out of the area.
If you plan on using insurance, you must bring in your insurance card and photo ID in order for us to bill your insurance. We will verify your coverage at every visit. Co-pays and deductible amounts are due at time of service.