You do not need to have an empty stomach for this procedure. We encourage you to eat your regular meals before the appointment, and please take all of your medications as you normally would.
If you have ever had your blood type tested by another provider, we encourage you to bring a copy of the printed lab report. You can still get your procedure if your blood type is not known, but you may have to get a shot as part of your visit.
Do not use substances, such as drugs or alcohol, 24 hours prior to your visit.
Your visit will likely last for 4-6 hours, but it may be longer. There will be many steps and waiting between the steps. We encourage you to bring snacks, books, and/or phone chargers.
Wear loose and comfortable clothing. Undergarments that will allow the use of a sanitary pad are recommended.
Minimal sedation may be an option to reduce pain and anxiety before or during the procedure. You will not be put to sleep.
UHPP strongly encourages you and your support person to not bring children with you to your appointment. If bringing children is unavoidable, they must be under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times.
Preparing for your Appointment
- If you are taking any medications for a chronic condition, please bring a list of your current medications to your appointment. Please take all of your medications as you normally would.
- We encourage you to bring anything that will help you feel comfortable before and during your appointment. This could include snacks, entertainment such as books or music (with headphones), or a sweatshirt.
- Your plan of care may include having blood drawn. Please be well-hydrated.
- Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- If you are late, we reserve the right to reschedule. Please leave yourself plenty of time to get here.
- We are able to see patients on a walk-in basis as clinic flow allows. If you have not made an appointment but would like to be seen, come to one of our clinics during open hours or call 518-434-5678. Please note: walk-in availability cannot be guaranteed over the phone and we may not be able to accommodate every request to be seen same-day without an appointment.