You will likely have blood drawn as part of your visit, so please be well-hydrated.
You do not need an evaluation or diagnosis from a mental health provider to receive gender-affirming care at UHPP.
If you are younger than 18, you will need a legal guardian present with you at your appointment to consent to treatment.
UHPP does not prescribe GAHT to anyone 15 or younger.
Preparing for your Appointment
- If you are taking any medications for a chronic condition, please bring a list of your current medications to your appointment. Please take all of your medications as you normally would.
- We encourage you to bring anything that will help you feel comfortable before and during your appointment. This could include snacks, entertainment such as books or music (with headphones), or a sweatshirt.
- Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- If you are late, we reserve the right to reschedule. Please leave yourself plenty of time to get here.
- We are able to see patients on a walk-in basis as clinic flow allows. If you have not made an appointment but would like to be seen, come to one of our clinics during open hours or call 518-434-5678. Please note: walk-in availability cannot be guaranteed over the phone and we may not be able to accommodate every request to be seen same-day without an appointment.