Have these items ready:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card (if you plan to use insurance)
- Co-pay or payment for your visit (Credit Card Only)
- List of medications
- Your pharmacy information
Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood!
A virtual visit is a great way to get the care you need while remaining socially distanced during the COVID-19 pandemic. A virtual visit does not take place at our health center – it takes place wherever you are! The visit is conducted online using a secure virtual “waiting room” that is similar to Skype or Zoom. You can join your appointment from home, work, or even your car. Here’s what to expect:
Before Your Appointment
- You can join your appointment using a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you plan to use a mobile device, download the app InTouch/TeleDoc prior to your visit.
- Within 24 hours of your visit, you will receive an email that includes instructions on how to join your virtual visit and a few documents.
- Follow the instructions to electronically sign the documents requested.
- We also strongly encourage you to sign up for the patient portal so you can have access to your chart securely online. Ask a care team member for more information when you check-in for your visit.
During Your Appointment
- Go to a private setting with reliable internet access for your visit.
- Within 10 minutes of your appointment, a care team member will call you to start the check-in process. If you miss our call or for some reason don't receive a call, call us at 1-800-230-PLAN.
- During check-in, a care team member will confirm your information and collect any necessary payment.
- You’ll speak with a Health Center Assistant or LPN who will review your medical history, reason for your visit, and provide education if needed.
- Once you are ready to speak with the clinician, you will be sent a link to join a virtual waiting room. At this point, the call will be disconnected, and the remainder of the visit is conducted face to face with your provider via your browser or the InTouch/TeleDoc app. Any needed prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- If lab work is needed, we will send the lab order to our contracted lab, LabCorp. You can visit any of their local locations to provide your sample or have your blood drawn. Your results come directly back to us.
Also keep in mind these items:
- Do not use drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment
What You Should Know After Your Appointment
If you have any lab work done, like STI testing or a Pap test, those results will be available in one to two weeks. A member of our care team will call with any abnormal results when they are available and have been reviewed by your clinician. Your lab results, visit summaries and more are also available in the Patient Portal, so be sure to set up your account!
Following your visit, you will receive a survey emailed from PressGaney asking for your feedback. Please complete it so we can continue to improve your patient experience.