Have these items ready:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card (if you plan to use insurance)
- Co-pay or payment for your visit (Credit Card Only)
- List of medications
- Your pharmacy information
Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood!
A virtual visit is a great way to get the care you need from the convenience of your home. A virtual visit does not take place at our health center – it takes place wherever you are! The visit takes place online using a secure virtual “waiting room” that is similar to Skype or Zoom. You can join your appointment from home, work, or even your car. Note: You must be in the state of Ohio to have your visit virtually. Here’s what to expect:
Before Your Appointment
- You will be required to register for MyChart in order to be seen for your telehealth appointment. A link to complete your MyChart activation will be sent within one day of your visit. You can access MyChart via the web here.
- IMPORTANT: please allow about 15 minutes before your telehealth appointment start time to complete the MyChart registration and e-Check-in steps; including signing consents, uploading a copy of your insurance card and/or payment, and completing your medical history. You will not be able to access your telehealth appointment until the eCheck-in process is completed.
- You can join your appointment using a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you plan to use a mobile device, download the app TeleDoc prior to your visit Download on the Apple App StoreDownload on the Google Play Store
- Once your e-check in is completed, a care team member will call you within 10 minutes of your appointment time to review your information and collect payment, if necessary, prior to seeing the provider. If you miss our call or on the rare occasion you don’t receive a call, call us at 1-800-230-PLAN.
During Your Appointment
- Go to a private setting with good internet connection for your visit.
- Once you are ready to speak with the clinician, the care team member will disconnect the call and inform the clinician you are ready to be seen. The remainder of the visit is conducted face to face with your provider via your browser or the TeleDoc Health Patient app. Any needed prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- If lab work is needed, we will send the lab order to our contracted lab, LabCorp. You can visit any of their local locations to provide your sample or have your blood drawn. Your results come directly back to us. For some lab services we can mail a kit directly to you, ask a care team member for more information or to see if you are eligible for at-home testing.
Best Practices for Video Visits
- Confirm your phone number allows calls from blocked or unknown numbers to be sure we can reach you.
- Make sure you’re using the most updated browser version of Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Do not use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Find a quiet and private place for this video chat. Moving around a lot can make it harder to hear and listen. You might want to wear headphones during your visit.
- Please do not drive during your video visit.
- If you have trouble with your Wi-Fi because multiple people or devices are connected, try disconnecting other devices from the Wi-Fi network you are using.
- If your video is not connecting, check the camera and microphone settings for your browser.
- If you’re having problems with Wi-Fi on your mobile device, you may want to turn off the Wi-Fi on your mobile device and use cellular data instead.
- If using your mobile device, do not minimize your screen once you join the virtual waiting room.
- If you are experiencing any issue, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-230-PLAN.
Also keep in mind these items:
- Do not use drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment
- If you have not received a link to your MyChart account one day before your appointment, please contact us.
What You Should Know After Your Appointment
If you have any lab work done, like STI testing, those results will be available in one to two weeks. A member of our care team will contact you with any abnormal results when they are available and have been reviewed by your clinician. Your lab results, visit summaries and more are also available in your MyChart account.
Following your visit, you will receive a survey emailed from PressGaney asking for your feedback. Please complete it so we can continue to improve your patient experience.