Bring these items with you:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card (if you plan to use insurance)
- Co-pay or payment for your visit
- List of medications
- Your pharmacy information
- Proof of total household income
Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood!
It is always our goal to be mindful of your time, but for planning purposes, please allow 90 minutes for total visit time.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for parking and to check-in. If this is your first appointment (or your first in a while) there may be some additional paperwork that needs to be completed.
Due to scheduling limitations, we can only see you for the visit reason you selected. If you have additional needs that you'd like to address at the same time, please call us at 1-800-230-PLAN so we can be sure to allow enough time for your visit.
You can now complete most of your registration process through MyChart by doing the e-checkin up to 7 days before your visit. To help move through your visit faster, complete your e-checkin before you arrive for your visit.
If you do not complete your e-checkin, when you arrive, a care team member will have you sign consents for care and make a copy of your photo ID and, if you plan to use insurance, your insurance card. Sometimes the name on your ID or insurance card won’t match each other or may not match the name you go by – that’s ok. Just let the staff member know when you arrive.
A Health Center Assistant or LPN will call you back to review your medical history, reason for your visit, and provide education if needed.
Next, you will meet with a clinician for your appointment. Be sure to ask any questions you have! The clinician will provide the services that you requested when scheduling, go over additional care options and provide resources or referrals if needed. Once your visit is complete, you will proceed to the check-out desk.
At check-out, you can receive a copy of your visit summary, schedule any follow-up appointments you might need and pay for your visit. We accept all major credit cards and most insurance plans including Ohio Medicaid, (though insurance isn’t required to be seen).
If you haven’t already, be sure to finish your MyChart registration before you leave so you can have access to important health information in your chart. Ask a care team member for more information.
Also keep in mind these items:
- Do not use drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment
- If you will have children under the age of 13 with you at your appointment, please bring an adult with you to watch them in the lobby. If you are receiving abortion care, children are not able to accompany you to your appointments. NOTE: Due to COVID-19, one guest is able to accompany you into the building at this time.
- Sometimes, there are people that stand out front of our centers, they do not work for us, and you do not have to stop for them. Please notify a staff member if you have any problems.
- If you have not received a link to your MyChart account one day before your appointment, please contact us.
What You Should Know After Your Appointment
If you have any lab work done, like STI testing or a Pap test, those results will be available in one to two weeks. A member of our care team will contact you with any abnormal results when they are available and have been reviewed by your clinician. Your lab results, visit summaries and more are also available in your MyChart account.
Following your visit, you will receive a survey emailed from PressGaney asking for your feedback. Please complete it so we can continue to improve your patient experience.