Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida sees gender-affirming care as an important service that speaks to the core of our mission.
Due to recent legal changes, we are not able to take new patients at this time while we adjust our operations to comply with new state restrictions. Our team is working diligently to restart our full range of treatment options for patients as soon as possible.Call Today
Gender-Affirming Care Restrictions Bill
On Wednesday, May 17th, Governor DeSantis signed SB 254, which severely restricts access to gender-affirming care across our state. The new law is now in effect and will have devastating impacts for transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse Floridians and their families. Click the button to learn more about this cruel bill and its impact.
We offer gender-affirming hormone therapy for transmasculine, transfeminine, non-binary, and gender diverse individuals. We can provide:
- Feminizing hormone therapy
- Androgen (Testosterone)-blocking medications: spironolactone and/or finasteride
- Estrogen-based medications: pills, injections, patches
- Masculinizing hormone therapy
- Testosterone-based medications: injections, gels, patches
- Scalp hair loss: finasteride
- Microdosing or intermediate dose hormones
- Low dose gender affirming hormone therapy is an option that is often considered when individuals want certain changes but not others or for some folks wanting to maintain an “androgynous” appearance, or those seeking slower or more subtle changes.
- It can include low dose estrogen-based medications, low dose testosterone-based medications, androgen blockers, and/or progesterone that is customized based on the individual’s goal to achieve one’s authentic self.
We may be able to start or continue gender-affirming hormone therapy and provide referrals for gender-qualified therapy and resources if needed. If you are on hormone therapy, you can utilize the health center for ongoing care and monitoring.
Minors and Gender-Affirming Care
Due to the Florida Legislature’s recent assault on bodily autonomy, and the new legal restrictions placed on the services we offer, Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida is no longer able to provide gender-affirming care treatments for minor patients.
Planned Parenthood believes that your body is your own, and that you have the right to be your most authentic self regardless of gender identity or expression.
For more information on gender affirming care providers outside of Florida, the following resources may be helpful:
At Planned Parenthood, we want to make sure you have all the resources you need to live a healthy and strong life. You can find additional resources for gender-affirming care and services through one of our coalition partners, Equality Florida.
Congratulations on beginning gender-affirming hormone therapy! Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida (PPSWCF) is dedicated to ensuring you have the support and resources you need during your transition.
If you've chosen to pursue self-injection training, click the button to view instructions and training videos.
Transgender and Nonbinary Resource Guide
Equality Florida has produced and maintains a Transgender and Nonbinary Resource Guide, which provides a statewide directory for safe and trans-friendly service providers. The guide is organized by county and includes the following: Crisis hotlines, mental health therapists, primary care physicians, endocrinologists, national legal resources, Florida-specific information on updating legal documents, surgery resources, support centers and social groups, hair & makeup services, vocal coaching, electrolysis providers, and veteran services.