Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida offers gender-affirming hormone therapy, either testosterone or estrogen, for transgender patients. We see hormone therapy as an important service that speaks to the core of our mission. This service can be found at any of our health centers.
Our transgender hormone services include:
- Transgender Female (MTF) hormone therapy including estrogen and spironolactone
- Transgender Male (FTM) hormone therapy including testosterone
We may be able to start or continue hormone therapy and provide referrals for gender-qualified therapy and resources if needed. If you are on hormone therapy, you can utilize the health center for ongoing care and monitoring.
In order to receive gender-affirming hormone therapy you need to be over 18 and capable of providing consent. If you are 17, you will need your parent/guardian to accompany you for your appointment. If you are 16 or younger, additional paperwork is required. Please be aware that there are special consents for these services. Contact us at 941-567-3800 for specific details and to make your appointment.
What to expect on your first visit:
- In order to decrease the amount of time spent in the waiting room, please call to make an appointment first and request transgender services.
- When you check in, let our staff know you are there for transgender care. Please provide your name and pronoun (he or she or they) at the time of check in. This way, when you are called back to meet with the clinician, your correct name and pronoun will be used.
- When you are called back to meet with the clinician, please be honest about your medical history, sexuality and sexual practices. All services are confidential (except in cases of abuse), so being open with the clinician will ensure that you are receiving the best health care.
- As a transgender patient seeking services, you may consult with one of our clinicians and receive a physical assessment and lab testing as appropriate for monitoring hormones and your transition.
At Planned Parenthood, we want to make sure you have all the resources you need to live a healthy and strong life. You can find additional resources for transgender care and services through one of our coalition partners, Equality Florida.
Congratulations on beginning gender-affirming hormone therapy! Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida (PPSWCF) is dedicated to ensuring you have the support and resources you need during your transition.
If you've chosen to pursue self-injection training, click the button to view instructions and training videos.
Transgender and Nonbinary Resource Guide
Equality Florida has produced and maintains a Transgender and Nobinary Resource Guide, which provides a statewide directory for safe and transfriendly service providers. The guide is organized by county and includes the following: Crisis hotlines, mental health therapists, primary care physicians, endocrinologists, national legal resources, Florida-specific information on updating legal documents, surgery resources, support centers and social groups, hair & makeup services, vocal coaching, electrolysis providers, and veteran services.