Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida offers hormone replacement therapy (HRT), either testosterone or estrogen, for transgender patients. We see HRT as an important service that really goes to the core of our mission. This service can be found at any of our health centers.
Our transgender hormone services include:
- Transgender Female (MTF) Hormone Therapy including estrogen and spironolactone
- Transgender Male (FTM) Hormone Therapy including testosterone
We may be able to start or continue hormone therapy and provide referrals for gender-qualified therapy and resources if needed. If you are on hormone therapy, you can utilize the health center for ongoing care and monitoring.
In order to receive transgender services you need to be over 18 and capable of providing consent for services. We can provide services for younger patients with a parent or guardian's permission. There are special consents for these services.
What to expect on your first visit:
- In order to decrease the amount of time spent in the waiting room, please call to make an appointment first and request transgender services.
- When you check in, let our staff know you are there for transgender services. Please provide your name and pronoun (he or she or they) at the time of check in. This way, when you are called back to meet with the clinician, your correct name and pronoun will be used.
- When you are called back to meet with the clinician, please be honest about your medical history, sexuality and sexual practices. All services are confidential (except in cases of abuse), so being open with the clinician will ensure that you are receiving the best health care.
- As a transgender patient seeking services, you may consult with one of our clinicians and receive a physical assessment and lab testing as appropriate for monitoring hormones and your transition.
At Planned Parenthood we want to make sure you have all the resources you need to live a healthy and strong life. You can find additional resources for transgender care and services through one of our coalition partners, Equality Florida here.
Call us to make your appointment today.