Teen Leaders Educating Teens on Responsible Choices
The Teen Action Group (TAG) empowers Atlanta area high school students with the training and skills to become Peer Health Educators in their community. The TAG program develops skilled peer health educators as youth leaders and role models, providing health education and pregnancy prevention strategies for teens in the Atlanta area.
Each year, up to 15 teens are chosen through an application process. TAG members are passionate advocates who learn to educate their peers on topics concerning teen sexuality, healthy relationships, and decision-making.
Participants must be:
- 15-18 years of age
- Enrolled in high school
- Available for monthly meetings and occasional weekends
- Passionate about learning and social justice
Benefits of Participation include:
- Volunteer experience
- Valuable leadership training
- Financial stipend and public transportation supplement (based on participation)
- Networking with peers from various backgrounds
- Community service hours for some events
- The knowledge and skills to make proud and responsible decisions