Why is PPNNE closing the Newport health center?
PPNNE faced many challenges delivering care at our Newport health center and COVID-19 only made those issues worse. Because of limited resources and the national crisis for reproductive health access, we’re reallocating our resources. This includes adding more days per week to our St. Johnsbury health center and in the future adding a medication abortion program.
What is the last day the Newport health center will see patients?
Wednesday, February 23, 2022.
Are the Newport staff losing their jobs?
No. Staff will not face any mandatory layoffs or lost days of work. They will have the option to work at our other health centers.
What are my options if I want to remain a PPNNE patient?
We hope you do remain a PPNNE patient. You have a few options: you can receive in-person care at our St. Johnsbury or Hyde Park health centers instead. Or you can use our Telehealth program for many appointments, where you connect virtually with one of our providers from your own home.
I can’t travel to St. Johnsbury or Hyde Park. What are my other options?
We offer Telehealth appointments, where you connect virtually through a phone or computer with one of our providers from your home. Many, but not all of our services, are offered this way. We also have an app called PPDirect you can use specifically to get birth control and help with UTIs.
What are my options if I have an active birth control prescription in Newport?
You can keep getting your birth control prescription through PPNNE after Newport closes. You will be required to have a new appointment with us at another location. Your appointment options are:
- Telehealth appointment from your home. Connect securely to one of our providers through video or over the phone. During your Telehealth appointment, you’ll have the option to enroll in our birth control by mail program called BlueMail, where your supplies will be shipped directly to your home from then on. Book a Telehealth appointment through our website or call 1-866-476-1321.
- In-person visit at St. Johnsbury or Hyde Park health center. During your visit, you can pick up supplies (or get your injection if you use the shot) directly in the health center. While there, we can also enroll you in BlueMail. Book in St. Johnsbury and or book in Hyde Park.
If you prefer, PPNNE can also transfer your prescription to another pharmacy. Please call 855-767-6539 to transfer.
Can you recommend/refer me to a provider in the Newport area?
We recommend the following providers who all offer subsidized care and accept similar insurance as PPNNE:
- Northern Counties Health Care - (800) 499-9405. Locations: Orleans, Island Pond, St J., Concord, Danville, Hardwick
- Services offered: Some women’s health care including birth control, mostly preventive care, and prenatal. Identify as gender affirming providers & can provide confidential care for minors.
- Accepting new patients and booking out between 3-4 weeks for Island Pond or 6-8 weeks for Hardwick.
- North Country Primary Care & OBGYN @ NCH - (802) 334-4110. Location: Newport
- Services offered: In-clinic abortion, birth control including IUD, STD testing and treatment, well person check-ups, treatment of menstrual abnormalities, Infertility evaluation, prenatal, management of abnormal paps.
- Accepting new patients and typically see patients within 1-4 weeks.
- North Country Primary Care (Formerly Newport Family Medicine)- (802) 334-3520. Locations: Newport & Barton
- Services: Common injuries and illnesses, as well as preventive care.
- Accepting new patients and unknown booking out time frame.
When will I receive my last bill for services at the Newport health center?
It depends on how you paid. If you paid out of pocket by credit card or cash, your bill will be sent the Friday after your visit, if you don’t have an existing previous balance. If you do have a balance, it will be sent 60 days from your last statement. If you used insurance, we will bill your insurance and wait to hear back if there is a portion not covered. We’ll then send you a bill for any outstanding amount. The amount of time that could take varies from insurance to insurance.
Who can I speak to if I have questions about my bill?
You can call our billing department at 1-800-631-0972.
Please email [email protected]
Or call 1-800-230-7526