Have you received expert, compassionate care at a Planned Parenthood health center, learned important info about sexual health from our amazing educators, or advocated with us to help protect reproductive rights? Tell us why Planned Parenthood matters to you. Your voice can make a difference. Your story will help show lawmakers, the media, and supporters just what we're fighting for in the weeks and months to come.
“You’re becoming part of a common female experience. You’re joining your mothers and grandmothers and people you’re not related to throughout the decades who have done what was important to stay healthy. Enjoy the fact that your body is complex and exciting and really interesting. Take care of it and be safe with it, but really celebrate the fact that you’re alive and have a healthy body even if your level of health is not perfect. Dig it. Before you’re done.”
Have a story to tell?
If you share your contact information with us, it will not be released without your written permission. If you email us, you are under no obligation to share information with us. By voluntarily sharing your story, you give Planned Parenthood permission to contact you for further authorization or if we have any questions about your submission.
“That was one of the first situations where people treated me like an adult and were thankful for my contributions. When the president of the local affiliate approached me and thanked me for my work at my school, it was one of the first times that I felt like I was doing something important.”
“I fell in love with Planned Parenthood at the tender age of 16. I was a girl who was too shy to talk to her parents about birth control and too afraid to ask her childhood doctor what her birth control options were. I remember thinking, ‘This is not what I expected.’ The staff was so warm and welcoming and answered all the crazy detailed questions I had.”
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You confirm that you have written your submission yourself. If your story includes details about anyone else, you confirm that you have permission to share such details.
- You give Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and any other Planned Parenthood entity (collectively, "Planned Parenthood") permission to use your submission or any portion of it in current or future promotional materials and in fundraising, advocacy, or media outreach projects and materials, including sharing your words publicly with a variety of audiences, media, or publications, including the press, and in multiple media formats.
- Your submission may be used alone or together with other materials, and Planned Parenthood may shorten or use only part of your submission. Planned Parenthood may also decide not to use your submission.
- If we decide to share your story, your statements will appear along with your first name, last name, age, city, and state.
- We may share your submission, in whole or in part, without contacting you further; however, Planned Parenthood may also contact you for further details or further authorization or with questions about your submission.
- You waive any rights and compensation arising from such use, and release Planned Parenthood from any claims arising from such use.
- In sharing your story, please keep in mind that your story — including your name if you provide it — may appear in public advocacy projects. Even if you do not provide your name, keep in mind that some information can reveal who you are, such as unusual details about you or others.
- You will receive periodic e-mail updates from Planned Parenthood. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Or call 1-800-230-7526