- State of Michigan Informed Consent for Abortion paperwork is required by law. We cannot see you for your appointment without this paperwork. There are two ways to access this information.
- Pick up the paperwork at any Planned Parenthood health center in Michigan.
- Access the paperwork online. Click the button that says "Finish." You must print the confirmation form that lists the date and time and bring this to your visit.
- You must bring your picture ID including date of birth for those 18 years and older.
- Patients under the age of 18, unless an emancipated minor, need the consent of one parent or a judicial bypass to obtain an abortion in Michigan. If you have parental consent, your parent or guardian must be at the appointment with you. We will need your birth certificate, as well as a picture ID for your parent and yourself. Get information on the judicial bypass process.
- Prior to the abortion you must watch an informational video. Watching this video before your appointment will shorten the visit. If you do not watch before your visit, you will watch it while at the health center. If you would like to watch the video prior to your appointment, please call us and we will provide you with a link.
Fees, Payment, and Insurance
- The cost for medication abortion is $600.
- If you need financial assistance, please call us at 800-230-PLAN to discuss your options.
- If you are using insurance, we need the insurance information prior to the appointment. Please call us if you did not provide that information when scheduling your appointment. Bring a photo ID and your insurance card to your appointment.
Please call us at 800-230-PLAN (7526) with any questions.
Or call 1-800-230-7526