- Advice about birth control methods
- Physical exams, including pelvic and breast exams
- Screenings and treatment, such as pap smears and for sexually transmitted infections, when done as part of the family planning visit
- Birth control pills and devices, such as IUDs
- Emergency contraception
- Permanent sterilization (must be aged 21 or over)
How do I qualify?
To be eligible, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements for the program including:
- is a Maryland resident
- is a U.S. citizen or qualified alien
- have income below 264% of the Federal Poverty Level (which is $2,807 or less a month for a single person)
- is not pregnant
- is not already enrolled in either the Medicaid or Medicare program
There are no gender or age restrictions. Minors can apply without their parents’ knowledge or permission.
How do I apply?
Individuals may apply at any Planned Parenthood of Maryland health center as well as any other participating Maryland family planning program provider.
- An application is completed by a certified Eligibility Worker at the health center.
- Be prepared to provide demographic information and information on your household income and family size.
- All information is self-reported by the applicant. The applicant does not need to provide proof of income, residency or citizenship.
How long do my benefits last?
This temporary coverage is only good until the last day of the month following your enrollment, so up to 60 days.
Individuals may only apply for this temporary coverage one time per year.
Or call 1-800-230-7526