Applicable to the following patients:
- Patients who are 6-14 weeks pregnant and selected the option to be asleep for their procedure.
- Patients who are over 14 weeks pregnant and will need to be asleep for their procedure.
Instructions for your visit:
- Keep in mind that this is an all-day appointment. It can be an average of 6 hours depending on clinic flow. There will be many steps before the procedure along with some waiting time after for observation.
- You will receive the following services during your visit: a vaginal ultrasound, lab work, an education session and birth control consultation, you will receive your procedure and spend some time in our recovery room.
- Do not take any illegal drugs or alcohol for 24hrs prior to your visit.
- Do not wear any jewelry.
- Your index finger must be free of dark nail polish, gel polish, or artificial nails.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew anything 8 hours before your visit.
- Bring 2 maxi pads and full coverage underwear.
Patients receiving sedation must have a person available to pick them up after their procedure.
In order to keep staff and patients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, PPIL is no longer allowing guests in the building. However, you must provide the name and phone number for the person who will be picking you up after your procedure.
That person will be called approximately 15 minutes prior to your discharge, so they will need to be very close by and ready to meet you at the health center entrance
You must have a photo ID to enter the building. If you have questions or concerns about bringing an ID, please give us a call.
- If you are late to the appointment we do reserve the right to reschedule. Give yourself plenty of time to get here.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us or cancel your appointment via the website at least 24 hours in advance.
It is important to follow these instructions to make sure you are able to be seen for your appointment.
- If you’re paying out of pocket or a copay is required with your insurance, payment is expected at time of service [cash, credit card, or money order. No personal checks]. We accept credit cards as long as the cardholder is present.
Do you have Medicaid?
- Please make sure to bring your Medical Card or Managed Care Plan to use towards your services.
Do you have insurance you’d like to use for your visit?
- We recommend contacting your insurance company directly to confirm your eligibility and benefits. Please make sure to bring proof of insurance to your appointment. If you have not yet provided your insurance information please call us with your card available.
For abortion appointments at the Flossmoor, Roseland and Springfield Health Center:
- Babies or children are NOT allowed in the Health Center for this type of appointment.
For abortion appointments at all other health centers:
- It is preferred and helpful that babies or children do not accompany you to this appointment due to the long visit length. If you must be accompanied by children or babies a separate responsible adult is required at all times to care for the child in the waiting area.
Or call 1-800-230-7526