Information regarding your visit:
- Please expect to be in the health center for 2-3 hours for this visit. There will be several steps before the procedure along with some waiting time after for observation.
- You will receive the following services during your visit: a vaginal ultrasound, lab work, an education session and birth control consultation, lastly you will take the first dose of the Medication Abortion here in the clinic.
- For this appointment, there are no restrictions on food. Please make sure you eat before your appointment. The abortion medication can cause nausea, especially if taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not take any illegal drugs or alcohol 24hrs prior to your visit.
In order to keep staff and patients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, PPIL requires masks for everyone coming into the health center, even if the person has been vaccinated.
PPIL is not allowing guests except for certain circumstances. Please call our contact center for more information and if you are allowed a guest for your appointment.
Before your appointment, you may receive a phone call from 773-252-2236 to start the registration process. (Please note that this number doesn't accept incoming calls.)
You must have a photo ID to enter the building. If you have questions or concerns about bringing an ID, please give us a call.
- If you are late to the appointment we do reserve the right to reschedule. Give yourself plenty of time to get here.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us or cancel your appointment via the website at least 24 hours in advance.
It is important to follow these instructions to make sure you are able to be seen for your appointment.
For abortion appointments at the Springfield Health Center:
- Babies or children are NOT allowed in the Health Center for this type of appointment.
For abortion appointments at all other health centers:
- It is preferred and helpful that babies or children do not accompany you to this appointment due to the long visit length. If you must be accompanied by children or babies a separate responsible adult is required at all times to care for the child in the waiting area.
Do you have insurance you’d like to use for your visit?
- We recommend contacting your insurance company directly to confirm your eligibility and benefits. Please make sure to bring proof of insurance to your appointment. If you have not yet provided your insurance information please call us with your card available.
Do you have Medicaid?
- Please make sure to bring your Medical Card or Managed Care Plan to use towards your services.
- If you’re paying out of pocket or a copay is required with your insurance, payment is expected at time of service [cash, credit card, or money order. No personal checks]. We accept credit cards as long as the cardholder is present.
- Any medication picked up at the pharmacy may have an additional cost, regardless of insurance type.
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-800-230-7526