SSS uses a holistic approach to foster life skills including self-love, decision-making power, professional development, comprehensive sexual health education, and a variety of relevant topics that serve as a foundation for SSS members to grow into young leaders. Trans women, femmes, and all who identify as young women of color are invited and welcome to join us!
Sisters Saving Sisters
A free mentoring program to advance and empower young women of color in Houston and Louisiana. Apply today!
Sisters Saving Sisters
Sisters Saving Sisters (SSS) provides a safe space for teenage women of color to regularly meet, connect with peers, and get support from mentors.
The mission of Sisters Saving Sisters is to advance and empower young women of color through personal enrichment, mentorship, education, cultural events, and community service.
Our vision is to cultivate a sisterhood of confident and intelligent young leaders who have the capabilities to continuously evolve emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.
"I think Sisters Saving Sisters is a great program for young girls of different backgrounds to get together and bond."
—SSS member, age 16
- To advance, celebrate, embrace, and empower teens and young women of color.
- To be a resource for teenage women of color in the development of leadership; self-identity; healthy relationships; self-advocacy skills; self-esteem; sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice; and career exploration and preparation through education and personal enrichment strategies.
- To serve the community.
- Build skills for your future
- Participate in fun social events
- Experience meaningful mentorship
- Gift cards, giveaways, and other incentives for active participation
- Diversity. We embrace diversity in ethnicity, culture, economic status, sexual orientation, perspective, and experience.
- Education. Educational opportunities and enrichment experiences will lead to self-growth and the confidence to educate others.
- Respect. We treat each other (and our communities) with dignity, and we work hard to earn trust.
- Activism. We fight to protect reproductive rights and health, and we encourage individuals to add their voices to ours.
Join SSS today!
The application only takes a few minutes.
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-800-230-7526