The Ohio Center for Sex Education at Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio is excited to present the Second Annual Ohio Sex Education Summit — A Community Convening on Sexual Health Education and Health Equity. This year's summit will take place on Friday, October 11, 2019 at Cuyahoga Community College Corporate College East (4400 Richmond St., Warrensville Heights, OH 44128).
The goal of the summit is to bring community members, educators, public health and medical professionals, elected officials, and activists together for a day of learning and conversation surrounding sexual health education. Highlighting achievements while lifting up opportunities for growth, the summit will create a diverse and inclusive atmosphere in which we can critically examine the importance of the intersection of individual and community identities as they inform sexual health education.
This summit is approved for 5.5 CPH CEs by the National Board of Public Health Examiners. Maximum advance-level contact hours available are 4.
- Sex Education for the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Community,
- APIDA Sexuality,
- Sex Education for Gender Minority Youth,
- Sexual Coercion in Youth Relationships,
- Sexual Health Education Through a Reproductive Justice Lens,
- Discussing Pleasure in Sexual Health Education
- Sex Education for System Involved Youth, and more.
Other Speakers Include:
- Alana Garret-Ferguson, New Voices for Reproducive Justice
- Bill Taverner, MA, CSE, The Center for Sex Education
- Erica Klang, Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region
- Grace Schoenberger, Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
- Katherine McLaughlin, M.Ed, CSE, Elevatus Training
- Kimberly Fuller, Ph.D., Katherine Clonan-Roy, Ph.D., Shereen Naser, Ph.D., and Elizabeth Goncy, Ph.D., Cleveland State University
- Levone Cannady, WOAR: Philadelphia's Center Against Sexual Violence
- Sophia Antoun, M.A. International Education Development, The Ohio State University, Office of Student Life Multicultural Center
- Valerie Sedivy, Healthy Teen Network
- Wendasha Jenkins Hall, PhD, The Wendasha Group, LLC
LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland - Bronze Level Sponsor
The Ohio Center for Sex Education provides comprehensive sexual health education to more than 40,000 people every year.
- Reach an anticipated audience of 200+ participants from across Ohio.
- Visibility for your institution/organizations.
- Opportunity to network with providers, clients, researchers, policy makers, and community partners.
Sponsorship opportunities are listed below. Please use the Sponsorship Commitment Form below, or email [email protected] for more information.
*Print deadlines apply.
Watch some highlights from last year's Ohio Sex Education Summit.
Or call 1-800-230-7526